Tuesday 27 November 2012

New Work for Deck the Walls

Deck the Walls opens at Studio 20/17 next Tuesday 4 December! Here's a quick look at some of what I've been up to for the exhibition.




Along with these I've sent several other neckpieces and earrings, including the Stained Glass Window earrings. These new works are part of my new Neighbourhood series, looking at the architectural details I pass by every day in my neighbourhood. I've recently become particularly interested in the juxtaposition of old and new architectural details - how the seemingly incongruous styles of innovative modern renovations and additions to classic historic homes come together to create something new and beautiful (...sometimes). With all the recent construction around here, there are lots of examples to look at!

Deck the Walls opens Tuesday 4 December and runs until Christmas Eve, with celebration drinks on Saturday 8 December from 4-6pm.



1 comment: